My whole life resolves around this topic! I for one hate it with a absolute passion, people judge you and lower their thoughts on what you can do solely upon a Learning Disability. My entire life has been trying to find ways to overcome this and be a better person. Last night was yet another testament when my Crew Chef basically said to another supervisor that we aren't doing overtime because Mark doesn't know how to set up the Machine. I have notes Journal entry's etc to prove that it may take a little longer to set up but at least it will be done correctly. It really made me sad because this isn't the First time where my Disability has worried my chances in moving forward.
When people don't understand how other learn or operate it' hard to fit in when they want everyone else to do it there way. This whole thing upset me so much that I couldn't fall asleep so instead to relax my mind and body a good run was needed at three in the morning. Needless without any company to talk it give me a moment to reflect on the events that accord that night. In so crazy way what my crew chef said made some sense in that I need to step up more and take charge in my life and actually learn it myself rather than relying on others to show me.
This whole experience has shown me that no one else will do it for you but yourself
No comments:
Post a Comment