Saturday, December 3, 2011
Discussion
Recently at work, our management staff has made a new system where we have a set team on every machine. I've been on the Perfect Binder for quite some time now and loving it not only feeling a sense of Team Unity but also a need to wanted. We just finished a huge job that required us to run the book not only once but twice. It's so huge and our machine can't handle such a large book all together. Day Shift finished the first run through and we got set up on the Second go around. As Everything got set up to run our second go. A crew chief brought out a very interesting subject to our discussion table, his argument was why do we have three hrs of church? Maybe it's because I'm so young and basically don't understand the whole reasons behind this. But I believe we only need to have Sacrament Meeting? Our purpose is simple to renew our covenants right? The other meeting I feel are just fluff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My dear sweet husband, yes we do attend church to renew our covenants but we also attend church so that we continue to learn and grow. We are still little children(spiritually speaking) and so we still need to learn all that we can. Because are main goal is to become like our Heavenly Father and our elder brother Jesus and so we need all the learning that we can get.
ReplyDeleteAmen to that Raylyn! I've had some of the most spiritually edifying experiences in Relief Society. Church is what you make it. If you think the other meetings are fluff, then they will be. Attend your other church meetings with an intent to learn and share and then they will become just as much the "meat and potatoes" of your Sabbath service as Sacrament Meeting!
ReplyDelete