Monday, April 4, 2011

Family Home Eventing

So I'm openly Admit I'm not the world greatest person when it comes down towards Family Home Evening. But tonight we finally had our very first one with the kids, mind you the weather has been awesome until now where last weekend we had a pretty nice snow storm. Since we couldn't go to the West Jordan Park Raylyn than thought of a brilliant idea of having a picknick inside and have a short lesson with our awesome dinner.
I was touched with the spirit because my kids wanted to pray and be involved with preparing and cleaning, I'm a proud parent of two wonderful children who have a ton of energy,spunk, the hard part is controling that energy to something positive.
It's funny how things work out when you go by the spirit and wing it.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me happy. I sure do love you guys. Once Rebecca and I are back in Utah we'll have to have a group family home evening together. I really want Paige to get to know her awesome cousins and her Uncle and Aunt. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Start now with those FHE's so that when they get in those teenage years they won't resist. You are teaching those cutie kids some wonderful lessons. It takes consistency, so keep it up every week! Good job Bud!

    ReplyDelete